Who are we?
Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a well-established technical consultancy and part of the global Fichtner Group. We work with a variety of clients in the UK and Irish Republic across the renewable energy, conventional power generation and waste sectors, providing commercial and technical engineering services to investors, financial institutions, developers, and plant owner-operators. We have 135 employees and offices in Manchester, Dublin, and Belfast.
We are looking for an experienced candidate who has a proven background in management accountancy, ideally in a professional services business to take on a challenging role supporting our Finance Director and wider accountancy team. This permanent and full-time role is based at our Stockport office in Greater Manchester.
We are looking for someone who meets most of the criteria below:
- A recognised management accountancy qualification (CIMA ideally) or working towards;
- Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent) grades A- C;
- Experienced with Sage Line 50 and Line 200;
- Management of accounts activities including, but not limited to, cash-flow maintenance, bank reconciliation, quarterly and annual audits, job cost analysis and invoicing predictions.
- Maintain oversight on P/L and Irish branch office accounts (Dublin and Belfast)
- Work alongside the FD to provide a full suite of financial reporting to the Board and to Fichtner Group in Stuttgart as requested;
- Tenacious personality, develop and carry out internal projects from start to finish, engaging with other staff members as appropriate;
- Support the other Directors with any other tasks as requested;
- A competent user of Microsoft Office 365 software;
- Concise and effective communication and presentation skills; and
- Effective time management skills.
In exchange for your skills and experience we offer a package to include pension scheme with employer contribution, private medical cover, 33 days annual leave (inc. UK public hols), and a Company bonus scheme.