Who are we?
Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a well-established technical consultancy and part of the worldwide Fichtner Group. We work with clients in the UK and Ireland across the renewable energy and waste sectors, providing design, intellectual and engineering services to financial institutions, developers, owners and operators.
We employ over 130 people and operate from our offices in Belfast, Dublin and Stockport.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced wind energy engineer/consultant to join our renewables team at our Stockport location.
We are looking for:
- A good renewable energy or electrical engineering degree.
Project management experience gained with the development and construction or operational phases of large-scale wind energy projects (on and offshore)
- Prior experience with the undertaking of feasibility studies and design reviews.
- Good understanding of the key technical risks with wind projects, including the ability to identify potential technical design or installation risks.
- Technical due diligence experience ideally gained when working on behalf of a financial institution.
- Knowledge of standard forms of contract and their applicability to the construction and renewable energy project sector.
- The ability to correctly interpret engineering drawings, models, specifications and functional descriptions.
- Prior experience with the preparation of high-quality technical reports and models for clients.
- The ability to evaluate, explain and simplify complex technical issues.
- Able and willing to travel in the UK, Republic of Ireland and occasionally further afield for meetings, factory tests etc.
What we offer you:
The opportunity to be involved in large scale wind energy generation projects for the UK and I coupled with significant opportunities to drive the further development of your career. A package to include car allowance, pension, private medical, life assurance, company bonus scheme and significant training and development opportunities.
Fichtner Consulting Engineers is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforces. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and that each employee feels respected and able to give of their best every day.