Who are we?
Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a well-established and highly regarded technical consultancy and part of the worldwide Fichtner Group. We work with clients in the UK across the renewable energy, conventional power generation and waste sectors, providing design and engineering services to financial institutions, developers and owner-operators. In the UK Fichtner employ over 120 professionals and operate from our head office in Stockport, Greater Manchester. We are an award-winning business holding Investors in People Gold and have been recognised by the engagement experts at Best Companies’ as an ‘outstanding’ organisation twice since 2014.
We are looking for:
- A good degree in an applicable engineering or renewable energy discipline;
- excellent knowledge and understanding of thermal processes, project management, or plant and equipment commissioning;
- applicable experience post-qualification ideally gained within a technical consultancy, industrial facility or process equipment manufacturer;
- prior undertaking of feasibility studies and design reviews;
- good understanding of process/site health and safety with exposure to HAZOP or SIL;
- Have worked on-site monitoring construction methods and quality;
- the ability to accurately read and interpret quality and manufacturing documentation and P&ID’s/engineering drawings;
- comfortable chairing client/contractor/internal meetings and initiating site and plant inspections;
- computer literate individual with Microsoft Word, Excel and MS Project;
What we offer you:
The opportunity to be involved in large scale energy generation projects for the UK coupled with significant opportunities to drive the further development of your career. A market leading package including negotiable basic salary, car allowance, pension, private medical, life assurance, company bonus scheme and significant training and development opportunities.