Who are we?
Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a well-established technical consultancy and part of the worldwide Fichtner Group. In the UK and Ireland, we work across the renewable energy and waste sectors, providing design, intellectual and engineering services to financial institutions, developers and owner-operators.
In the UK and Ireland Fichtner employ over 130 professionals and operate from our offices in Greater Manchester, Belfast and Dublin.
We are looking for:
An electrical engineer with the following skills and experience.
- a good degree in Electrical Engineering.
- significant technical knowledge, post qualification, in the following battery energy storage system (BESS) sub-systems;
- battery module and rack systems;
- BESS switchgear;
- medium and high voltage switchgear
- power conversion systems;
- battery unit controllers;
- BESS cooling systems;
- containerised solutions, and also ideally outdoor mounted cabinet based solutions;
- fire detection and suppression systems; and
- industrial electrical infrastructure.
- experience with the application of relevant IEC standards, NFPA 855, UL9540A, or any other industry standards in BESS project design
- experience with both DNO and transmission level grid connections
- experience with the commissioning, performance testing, and take-over of a BESS system
- project management of battery technologies and storage systems (BESS) for commercial application.
- dealing effectively and professionally with external and internal clients, attending meetings etc.
- prior experience with the use of electrical engineering software.
- the undertaking of feasibility and design reviews.
- excellent understanding of health, safety and welfare within engineering.
- witnessing of both site and factory acceptance testing.
- ability to assess manufactured or fabricated items for faults; and
- the provision of site-based construction monitoring.
- able to work as part of a wider engineering team and also to operate autonomously as required.
What we offer
The opportunity to be involved in major UK energy generation projects coupled with the ability to develop and progress your career in a consultancy environment. We offer an extensive package to include a basic salary, car allowance, contributory pension, private medical scheme, life assurance and company bonus schemes.
Fichtner Consulting Engineers is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and that each employee feels respected and able to give of their best every day.