Who are we?
Fichtner Consulting Engineers Limited is a well-established technical consultancy and part of the worldwide Fichtner Group. We work with clients in the UK and Ireland across the renewable energy and waste sectors. We provide engineering and intellectual services to financial institutions, developers, and owner-operators.
We employ over 130 people and operate from offices in Stockport, Dublin, and Belfast. We are seeking a professional engineer who is experienced in complex technical due diligence work.
You will liaise directly with our clients, as necessary. You will be proactive, able to review complex information critically and challenge, as necessary.
You will need:
- a good degree in an applicable engineering discipline;
- a sound generalist experience gained from one or more of the following areas: thermal processes, CCS, and low carbon technologies;
- a sound understanding of engineering principles and terminology, ideally having worked within an engineering consultancy or similar environment;
- working knowledge of the different types of contracts normally involved in technical due diligence work and a sound understanding of the implications of the terms and conditions which might be imposed within them;
- knowledge of the conditions typically imposed by consents (such as planning consents and environmental permits); and
- the ability to review and accurately interpret complex documents (technical, commercial, and contractual) to identify and assess risks;
- working knowledge of different financial/funding structures for acquisitions and project development transactions
- effective and concise communication skills;
- the ability to evaluate, explain and simplify complex technical issues to non-technical professionals;
- full driving licence; and
- the ability and willingness to travel both in the UK and overseas as required.
What we offer & how to apply
We offer a package to include a competitive base salary, car allowance, contributory pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance, and a generous company bonus scheme. We also offer significant training and development opportunities. To apply please send your current CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fichtner Consulting Engineers Limited is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and that each employee feels respected and able to give their best every day.