Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a well-established technical consultancy and part of the worldwide Fichtner Group. We work with clients in the UK across the renewable energy and waste sectors, providing intellectual, design and engineering services to financial institutions, developers, and owner-operators. We have offices in Stockport, Belfast, and Dublin.
This role will be based from our Stockport office.
We are looking for an experienced C&I engineer who identifies with most of the following criteria.
- A good degree in a Control and Instrumentation (C&I) engineering discipline;
- A Chartered Engineer, or working towards it;
- Full C&I project life cycle experience from tendering to handover;
- Good understanding of distributed control systems (DCS) and programmable logic controllers (PLC) including both hardware and software;
- Good understanding of industrial communication networks and its protocols including Profibus, Profinet, Modbus TCP and others;
- Good knowledge of process instrumentation used for both, basic process control systems and safety instrumented systems (SIS). Ability to specify, install and commission instrumentation;
- Good understanding of functional safety and safety instrumented systems (SIS) including safety life cycle and safety documentation;
- Good knowledge of ATEX – Ex instrumentation, devices, and its installation requirements;
- Understanding of industrial automation control system (IACS) cybersecurity for operational technology (OT);
- Experience in preparation, and reviewing of full C&I project documentation including functional descriptions, specifications, drawings, diagrams, P&IDs and others;
- Ability to produce technical reports, minutes of meeting, letters, memos and being able to clearly explain complex technical C&I related issues to different audiences;
- Good knowledge of C&I related British and international standards and regulations;
- Ability and willingness to travel within UK and Europe to participate in meetings, assessments, witnessing factory acceptance tests (FAT) and conduct inspections/audits;
- Monitoring of all on site activities including installation, commissioning, and site acceptance testing (SAT)
- Full UK driving licence and able to travel in the UK, Ireland and occasionally further afield.
We offer in return:
A package to include a car allowance, contributory pension, private medical cover, life assurance, Company bonus scheme, flexible working, significant training support and 33 days leave per annum. The salary will be discussed at interview.
Fichtner Consulting Engineers is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and that each employee feels respected and able to give of their best every day.