Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a well-established technical consultancy and part of the worldwide Fichtner Group. We work with clients in the UK across the renewable energy and waste sectors, providing intellectual, design and engineering services to financial institutions, developers, and owner-operators. We have offices in Stockport, Belfast, and Dublin.
We are looking for an experienced C&I engineer who will be based from Stockport who identifies with the majority of the following criteria.
- Degree in a Control and Instrumentation (C&I) engineering discipline;
- Chartered Engineer with an IET, or working towards it;
- Good knowledge of the C&I related British and international standards;
- Full C&I project life cycle experience;
- Experience in preparation, or reviewing full C&I project documentation including functional descriptions, specifications, wiring/loop diagrams, P&IDs and others;
- Good understanding of distributed control systems (DCS) and programmable logic controllers (PLC) including both hardware and software;
- Good understanding of industrial communication networks and its protocols including Profibus, Profinet, Modbus TCP
- Good knowledge of process instrumentation used for both, basic process control systems and safety instrumented systems (SIS). Ability to specify, install and commission instrumentation;
- Good understanding of safety instrumented systems design and safety life cycle. Ideally holding functional safety engineer title with TUV;
- Good understanding of basic cybersecurity requirements for operational technology (OT);
- Good knowledge of ATEX – Ex instrumentation, devices, and its installation requirements;
- Ability to produce technical reports, minutes, letters, memos and able to clearly explain complex technical C&I related issues;
- Ability to push and justify the design changes to meet good practice and other requirements;
- Ability and willingness to travel within UK and Europe to participate in meetings, witnessing factory acceptance tests (FAT) and conduct inspections/audits;
- Monitoring of all on site activities including installation, commissioning, and site acceptance testing (SAT)
- Full UK driving licence.
We offer in return:
A market leading package including a negotiable basic salary, car allowance, contributory pension, family private medical cover, life assurance, Company bonus scheme, flexible working, significant training support and 25 day’s leave per annum.
Fichtner Consulting Engineers is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and that each employee feels respected and able to give of their best every day.
For further information or to apply for the role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.