Who are we?
Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a well-established and highly regarded technical consultancy and part of the worldwide Fichtner Group. In the UK we work across the renewable energy, conventional power generation and waste sectors, providing design. commercial and engineering services to financial institutions, developers and owner-operators.
We currently have a vacancy for a full time, permanent professional electrical engineer to join our business in the Stockport office.
We are looking for:
- a good degree in Electrical or Power Engineering;
- a good level of knowledge, post qualification, of industrial electrical infrastructure including design and commissioning coupled with experience in HV, MV and LV, embedded generation, protection circuits, earthing, grid connections, HV and LV switchgear, substations and coordinating with UK DNOs; and
- applicable experience gained working across current technologies in the renewable energy sector or alternatively T&D/utilities.
The role involves (but is not limited to:)
- producing professional reports and technical models for clients;
- deal professionally with external and internal clients, attending meetings etc.;
- the use of DIGSILENT and other electrical engineering sector software;
- the undertaking of feasibility, power system studies and design reviews;
- having an excellent understanding of health, safety and welfare;
- the witnessing of site and factory acceptance testing;
- to assess manufactured or fabricated items for faults; and
- monitor and advise on construction site activities;
What we offer
The opportunity to be involved in major UK energy generation projects coupled with the ability to develop and progress your career in a varied and interesting consultancy environment. We offer a market leading package including an excellent basic salary, car allowance, contributory pension, private medical scheme, life assurance and Company bonus schemes.
Please email email@example.com to apply for this role.