Stockport base with UK&I travel
Who are we?
Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a well-established technical consultancy and part of the worldwide Fichtner Group. We work with clients in the UK and Ireland across the renewable energy and waste sectors, providing design, intellectual and engineering services to financial institutions, developers and owner-operators. In the UK Fichtner employ over 130 professionals and operate from offices in Manchester, Belfast and Dublin.
We are looking for:
- a good degree in, or closely related to, energy policy.
- support to our energy transition activities by supporting our external communications and business development teams, helping strengthen our internal knowledge base, and contributing to strategic planning.
- monitor UK, Ireland and EU policies and legislative and regulatory frameworks across the energy generation sector and use this information in order to:
- interpret how the policies will affect the Fichtner business.
- support Fichtner business development focus.
- interpret how the policies will affect developers, owners, and investors in the energy sector.
- produce advice for our clients for specific energy incentive schemes.
- support Fichtner’ s technical due diligence and owner’s engineer teams.
- have a working knowledge of the types of contracts and governmental incentives/taxes normally involved in a power, heat or energy from waste project and key drivers of the economics for such a project.
- have a working knowledge of the conditions typically imposed by consents (such as planning consents and environmental permits) and the legislative framework which underpins them.
- confidently present results orally, at a level appropriate to the audience.
- fully computer literate with Microsoft Word, Excel and MS Project.
- critical skills to evaluate, explain and simplify complex technical issues to non-technical personnel.
What we offer you:
The opportunity to be involved with the commercial. legal and economic contractual aspects of large-scale energy generation projects for the UK coupled with significant opportunities to drive the further development of your career. A package to include basic salary, car allowance, pension, private medical, life assurance, company bonus scheme and significant training and development opportunities.
Fichtner Consulting Engineers is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforces. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and that each employee feels respected and able to give of their best every day.