Who are we?
Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a well established and highly regarded technical consultancy and part of the worldwide Fichtner Group. We work with clients in the UK&I across the renewable energy and waste sectors, providing design and engineering services to financial institutions, developers and owner-operators.
We are currently recruiting for a Power Systems Engineering Consultant to be based in Stockport. We are looking for an individual who will be responsible for several projects at any one time, working as an integral part of our wider electrical team. You will liaise directly with our clients, contractors, operators and suppliers as necessary. You will be proactive, able to challenge the status quo as necessary and be looking for a role that will test your skills and abilities.
We are looking for:
- 2.1 Master’s level degree in Power Systems Engineering;
- ideally a Chartered Engineer;
- relevant experience post-qualification in power engineering and analysis within a consultancy, industrial, utility or equipment manufacturer organisation.
- deep understanding of power systems and their design. Analysis of transients, load flow, harmonics and stability;
- competent in the use of modelling software such as Power Factory, IPSA or DigSILENT ;
- the undertaking of power systems studies and detailed electrical design reviews;
- strong and concise communication skills, both verbal and written;
- effective time management skills;
- the ability to evaluate, explain and simplify complex technical issues;
- clean full driving licence with the flexibility to travel both in the UK and overseas; and
- able to work as part of a project team and also autonomously, as required.
A package including negotiable basic salary, car allowance, pension, private medical, life assurance, company bonus scheme, laptop PC and mobile phone.
Please email email@example.com with your CV to apply for this role.