Based Stockport, Cheshire
Reporting to Electrical Team Leader
Permanent, Full Time employment
Who are we?
Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a well established technical consultancy and part of the worldwide Fichtner Group. We work with clients in the UK&I across the renewable energy and waste sectors, providing design and engineering services to financial institutions, developers and owner-operators.
We are looking for an recent power systems graduate who will be trained to become an integral part of our wider electrical team. You will liaise directly with our clients, contractors, operators and suppliers as necessary. You will be proactive, able to challenge the status quo as necessary and be looking for a role that will test your academic skills and abilities.
We are looking for:
- 2.1 Master’s level degree in Power Systems Engineering;
- ideally some experience gained (internship, year in industry or similar) from working in a consultancy, industrial, utility or equipment manufacturer organisation.
- good theoretical understanding of power systems and their design.
- academic knowledge of transients, load flow, harmonics and stability;
- competent in the use of modelling software such as Power Factory, IPSA or Dig-silent ;
- willing to be trained to produce power systems studies and detailed electrical design reviews;
- excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- effective time management skills;
- the right to work and live in the UK;
- the ability to evaluate, explain and simplify complex technical issues; and
- clean full driving licence with the flexibility to travel both in the UK and occasionally overseas.
A package including negotiable basic salary, car allowance, pension, private medical, life assurance, company bonus scheme, laptop PC and mobile phone.
Fichtner Consulting Engineers is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and that each employee feels respected and able to give of their best every day.