Based from Stockport or Glasgow office, hybrid working with UK&I travel
Permanent, full time employment
Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a well-established technical consultancy and part of the worldwide Fichtner Group. We work with clients in the UK and Ireland across the renewable energy and waste sectors, providing design, due diligence and technical engineering services to financial institutions, developers, and owner-operators.
We are looking for a degree qualified senior civil/structural engineer to be responsible for the civils/structural element of industrial infrastructure construction, working as an integral part of our wider projects team. You will liaise directly with our clients, contractors, plant operators and suppliers, as necessary.
We are looking for:
- a good degree in either Civil or Structural Engineering;
- have achieved or be actively working towards ICE or IStructE professional chartered membership;
- recent technical experience gained with heavy civils projects, ideally in the renewables or waste sector;
- experience of conducting quality inspections of materials and methods such as pre-formed and cast concrete structures and steelwork;
- a good understanding of foundation piling, environmental issues, building codes and geotechnical studies
- the ability to produce and explain high quality technical reports and feasibility studies for clients;
- comfortable in interpreting engineering drawings, design specifications and functional descriptions;
- fully conversant with Microsoft Office;
- knowledge of CDM Regulations and risk assessments, able to identify quality issues and design risks;
- able to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary project team; and
- a full driving licence for travel to sites/meetings.
We offer in return:
A commensurate basic salary, 33 days annual leave, contributory pension, private medical scheme, life assurance, company bonus scheme plus significant training and professional development opportunities.
Fichtner Consulting Engineers is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and that each employee feels respected and able to give of their best every day.