An opportunity to take a leading role in the continued development of Fichtner’s business opportunities throughout the island of Ireland. Working with our Business Development Team to prospect, create and close on business opportunities for Fichtner within the renewable energy, energy transition, thermal power, and waste sectors in Ireland, selling our established commercial consultancy and specialist engineering services.
As a Senior Consultant you will be based out of Fichtner’s Dublin office and work in a combination of locations as required, including your home office, Fichtner’s Dublin, Belfast and Stockport offices, and client offices throughout Ireland. The actual pattern of working location will be as agreed with your line manager and may change from time to time, to ensure you are working in a fully integrated manner with the rest of the company and able to fulfil your role. However, you must be based within commutable distance of the Dublin office or be prepared to relocate.
Organisationally you will be located within the Fichtner team based in Ireland and your line management will be provided through its Team Leader. You will also be an active member of the Business Development Team and take guidance from the Business Development Director.
This is a full-time and permanent position, 40 hours/week.
- a good degree in an applicable engineering discipline.
- substantial post-qualification experience within a renewable energy focussed investment, engineering , or consultancy business.
- experience of feasibility studies, project development, project management, design reviews and technical due diligence and/or knowledge of the engineering, construction and/or testing and commissioning of projects in some of the sectors Fichtner are active would be preferable.
- have prior new business generation experience and a proven record of the successful development of new business services.
- a proven ability to develop and maintain strong internal and external business relationships.
- experience of taking a lead role in high level meetings with both prospective and existing clients. familiar with the production and timely delivery of very high-quality reports, prequalification submissions, technical proposals, and tender submissions.
- working knowledge of professional services contracts, framework agreements, tendering qualification, and proposal submission processes.
- very effective time management, self-management, and communication skills.
- computer literate and competent with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project.
- credible and very professional personality.
- operates effectively within a client base that includes technical consultancies, owner operators, city banks and investment houses.
- able to travel and stay away from home for short periods of time.
- able to operate effectively as a member of the Fichtner team in Ireland and the Business Development team.