Who are we?
Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a well-established technical consultancy and part of the global Fichtner Group. We work with clients in the UK across the renewable energy and waste sectors, providing design, intellectual and engineering services to financial institutions, developers, and owner-operators.
In the UK Fichtner employ over 130 people with offices in Belfast, Stockport, and Dublin. We are seeking a senior engineer with significant operations and maintenance experience from within the power generation sector.
We are looking for:
- a good degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering;
- a NEBOSH health and safety qualification;
- a highly experienced manager from a power station or chemical plant environment.
- you will have managed major outage and/or upgrade works including personnel, CAPEX, and budgets;
- the ability to scope and specify O&M works;
- experience of working in compliance with safe systems of work;
- prior experience in the production of risk assessments and method statements;
- a modicum of commercial flair with the ability to administer and negotiate sub-contracts successfully;
- excellent working knowledge of CDM and the duties of the Principal Designer and Contractor;
- prior knowledge of ATEX and DSEAR zoning would be an advantage;
- The ability to read and interpret correctly all technical documentation to include P&ID’s and engineering drawings;
- excellent people skills;
- very effective time management skills;
- computer literacy with Microsoft Word, Excel and MS Project;
- critical skills to evaluate, explain and simplify complex technical issues;
- a full driving licence; and
- the ability and willingness to travel both in the UK and occasionally overseas.
What we offer:
A generous package including basic salary, a car allowance, contributory pension, private medical, life assurance, company bonus scheme and cycle to work scheme. We also offer significant training and development opportunities.
For further information or to apply for the role please send your CV to email@example.com.