Who are we?
Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a well-established technical consultancy and part of the worldwide Fichtner Group. We work with clients in the UK and Ireland across the renewable energy and waste sectors, providing design, intellectual and engineering services to financial institutions, developers, and owner-operators.
In the UK and Ireland Fichtner employ over 135 people and operate from Stockport, Belfast, and Dublin. We are looking to attract a professional process engineer who can identify with most of the experience/skills as below.
- a good degree in Chemical Engineering (or equivalent field);
- ideally a Chartered Engineer;
- experience gained from an OEM, EPC, process manufacturing or engineering consultancy environment;
- experience of working in one or more of the following industries, e.g., oil and gas, industrial gases, or chemicals;
- experience with process plant concept design development, pre-FEED and FEED studies, and detailed process plant system design;
- a good working knowledge of one or more of the following technologies, CO2 sequestration and storage, Hydrogen production and distribution, cryogenic energy storage processes and/or biofuels production;
- prior experience of process simulation using MATLAB, Simulink, Hysys, Aspen Plus or similar;
- detailed working knowledge of industrial process components such as pumps, valves, fans, compressors, heat exchangers, tanks, pressure vessels and instruments etc.;
- ability to prepare and review typical process plant documentation, i.e. heat & mass balances, PFDs, P&IDs, basis of design documents, process calculations, functional descriptions, data sheets and cause/effect charts;
- good understanding of the principles of process plant layout with a working knowledge of pipework routing and arrangement;
- working knowledge of quality control systems applicable to process plant design, manufacturing, and construction;
- good knowledge of process safety principles;
- prepare job plans, write Client proposal documents, estimate manhour requirements, and fee estimates;
- the ability and willingness to travel both in the UK and occasionally overseas
What we offer:
a package including basic salary, car allowance, contributory pension, private medical, life assurance, company bonus scheme, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and significant training and development opportunities.
Fichtner Consulting Engineers is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and that each employee feels respected and able to give of their best every day.