Who are we?
Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a well-established technical consultancy and part of the worldwide Fichtner Group. We work with clients in the UK and Ireland across the renewable energy and waste sectors, providing intellectual, design and engineering services to financial institutions, developers, and owner-operators.
We are seeking several Site Representatives who have heavy industrial process plant construction experience to supply site agent services on new build combustion plant programmes situated across the United Kingdom.
You will support our Project Manager and ultimately the owners engineering services on this project, liaising directly with our client, employees, and the client’s contractor/suppliers as necessary. You will be a self-starter who is willing to challenge unsafe practices, maintain quality standards and initiate mechanical, civil, structural, and C&I inspections.
Ideally you will have:
- an HNC/HND in a relevant engineering or construction discipline;
- a Black or White CSCS card or a CCNSG Passport to Safety;
- a recognised health and safety qualification, ideally NEBOSH General Certificate;
- significant prior experience with initial groundworks, civils/structural steel erection, boilers, HRSG, turbines and other mechanical process plant.
- You will ideally be familiar with the design, testing and commissioning of mechanical process systems;
- prior experience with the upkeep of daily records of site activities, materials deliveries, construction milestones reached, contractors personnel and any environmental, quality or health and safety incidents;
- excellent knowledge of the CDM Regulations and current Health and Safety legislation;
- knowledge of pipework and pressure systems, with the ability to inspect welds for quality and snag installations;
- prior experience in the writing of risk assessments and the delivery of site inductions;
- understanding of quality systems and the ability to read and interpret inspection and test plans; and
- able to quickly build lasting business relationships with the EPC, the client and with Fichtner engineers;
We offer an attractive weekly rate for the duration of the project. All contractors will need to have their own limited company and are engaged under a formal agreement for services.
Fichtner Consulting Engineers is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity among our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and that each employee and engaged contractor feels respected and able to give of their best every day.
For further information or to apply for this role please email email@example.com.