This privacy notice applies to the personal data of individuals visiting our website who further interact with our website to request information on our Company services. By supplying your personal data to us via our ‘Contact’ option, you are giving us your positive consent to process your data under the requirements of UK data legislation.
- The Data Controller (‘Company’) is Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd, Kingsgate, Stockport SK4 1LW.
- The Data Protection Officer is Mr P. Eddy, Fichtner Director.
- The enforcing Authority is the Information Commissioners Office, whom you may contact if you have reason to register a data complaint against our organisation.
- This policy is written to comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018
Within the requirements of our privacy notice, personal data is defined as any information that identifies a living person. The Company will process the following personal data when it is inputted into our website sales enquiry form:
- Your given name;
- Company name;
- Work email address; and
- Telephone number.
If you send us a curriculum vitae or cover letter in application to a speculative or an open job opportunity, we will also process the following:
- Your given name, residential address, and contact details, including phone number and personal email address;
- Details of your qualifications, experience, and employment history.
Processing personal data supplied with your consent allows us to:
- Run recruitment processes.
- Respond to sales or other enquiries about our organisation or services offered.
The Company processes personal data in line with the following principles:
- Lawful, fair, and transparent processing;
- Personal data is collected only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes;
- That we process personal data only where it is adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary for the purposes of processing;
- We keep accurate records of personal data and take all steps to rectify or delete incorrect personal data;
- We take all feasible actions to keep personal data secure and protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing; and
- We keep personal data only for the period necessary for processing.
Personal data sourced from our website is held securely in electronic formats and is only accessible to the Business Development Team, Directors, and HR Manager.
Individuals can request access rights to the personal data held on them by the Company at any time. If a subject access request is made, the Company will tell you what data we hold and why, how long we will keep it for, whether it has been stored or transferred out of the UK and whether it has been subject to automated decision-making processes.
Individuals have several other rights relating to their personal data. These include that incorrect or out of date data held by our Company is corrected as quickly as is possible upon being notified by the individual concerned, that processing is stopped if the individual’s rights override the organisation’s grounds for processing, that personal data is stored in a machine readable format and is portable by you, upon request and that you have the ‘right to be forgotten’ whereby we will cease processing and delete your personal data when notified to do so by you. If you ask us to delete your data, this may result is us being unable to continue with hiring activities or other sales or project discussions with you.
All requests by individuals to gain access to the personal data we hold on them should be made in writing to the HR Manager at the address stated above. There is no charge for this service (unless multiple requests are made) and all queries will be processed within 30 calendar days.