Who are we?
Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a well-established and highly regarded technical consultancy and part of the global Fichtner Group. We work with a variety of clients in the UK and Irish Republic across the renewable energy, conventional power generation and waste sectors, providing commercial and technical engineering services to investors, financial institutions, developers, and plant owner-operators.
We are seeking an established Business Development Manager for the UK who will be an integral part of our wider business development team. You will be a key player in driving growth for us across our market sectors and will arrange, attend, and follow up on prospecting and existing client meetings, manage tender processes and proposal applications. You will liaise directly with our wider BD team, engineers, support teams and client base as necessary.
We are looking for:
- A good degree in an engineering discipline;
- Excellent knowledge of the power generation or renewable energy sectors in the UK and Ireland;
- A proven self-starter who can work effectively from our office in Stockport, Greater Manchester as part of a growing technical team;
- A proven record of prior accomplishments in the prospecting for and selling of professional technical or commercial services;
- Working knowledge of contracts, framework agreements and tendering qualification processes;
- Development and maintenance of strong internal and external business relationships;
- Chair high level meetings with both prospects and existing clients;
- The credibility to operate effectively within a client base that includes technical consultancies, owner-operators, City of London banks, and investment houses;
- Effective communication skills (including professional proposal and report production);
- A collaborative, positive, tenacious and engaging individual;
- Someone who will seek engineering or other professional support when required;
- A full driving licence; and
- A willingness to travel across the UK and Ireland.
In exchange for your skills and experience we offer a great basic salary, car allowance, pension scheme with employer contribution, private medical cover, 25 days annual leave and a Company bonus scheme.
Fichtner Consulting Engineers is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and that each employee feels respected and able to give of their best every day.