Based from Stockport Office
Reporting to Team Leader
Permanent, full-time employment
Who are we?
Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a leading technical consultancy with a reputation built on over 30 years of successful projects in the UK and Ireland. Our purpose is to facilitate the investment and delivery of energy infrastructure projects that help to positively shape the net zero future. Our Engineers and Consultants support some of the most innovative energy projects, providing design, intellectual, and engineering services to developers, investors, and owner-operators.
We have over 160 employees that we are proud to have represent us, operating from our offices in Manchester, Belfast, Dublin and Glasgow. Fichtner continues to go from strength to strength with a number of achievements and milestones hit over the past few years, and we have ambitious plans to continue this growth and meet the accelerating demand for our expertise. To support us in this mission, we are now looking to recruit a Business Development Manager to join our core sales team and play a key role in both developing client relationships and identifying and winning opportunities within our sectors.
What we are looking for:
- A good degree in an engineering discipline
- Excellent knowledge of the energy generation sectors in the UK and Ireland
- A proven track record of identifying, winning and securing a pipeline of work
- Produce and support proposal responses with understanding of the scope, approach and team
- Working knowledge of contracts, framework agreements and tendering qualification processes
- The ability to develop strong relationships with clients and maintain key account management
- Chair high level meetings with both prospects and existing clients
- The capability to collaborate with and support the wider sales team
- A positive, resourceful, and engaging individual
- Excellent communication skills with attention to detail – both written and interpersonal
- Motivated to support and deliver wider business growth through our annual sales targets
- A proven record of prospecting for and selling of professional technical or commercial services
- Ideally, with experience of working for an engineering consultancy company or other comparable professional service provider
- A full driving licence and willingness to travel across the UK and Ireland
What you can expect from us:
At Fichtner we greatly value our employees and offer a flexible approach to the working environment. We have a team of mental health first aiders and wellbeing champions on hand for support and provide the opportunity for our staff to give back to our local community, through charitable events, STEM, and community work experience. We operate with the mantra that we all look out for each other, making sure we continually review our working practices to create the best experience for all. As part of the team, you can expect:
- A competitive salary with a leading bonus scheme of up to 20% of salary
- Hybrid working with modern easy access offices
- Opportunity to purchase company shares after a qualifying period
- Significant training, development, and career growth opportunities
- Financial support with professional fees/memberships
- Company electrical vehicle car leasing scheme
- Private medical & life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fitness trainer provided every week for group boot camps
- Team and company social events, including a family barbecue, Christmas Party, and team activities
- Milestone scheme celebrating years spent as part of the Fichtner team!
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a brief cover letter to introduce yourself and let us know why you are a good for fit us.
When sending over your CV, please take a moment to review our privacy statement regarding how we process your personal data within our recruitment process.
Fichtner Consulting Engineers is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and that each employee feels respected and able to give of their best every day.