Based from Stockport or Glasgow office, hybrid working with UK & EU travel
Permanent, full-time employment
Fichtner is global engineering consultancy with a strong history in Hydropower. To date Fichtner has worked on over 500 global Hydropower projects with a total capacity of almost 70 GW. Fichtner UK&I is currently supporting clients in the UK on several pumped storage hydropower projects. As such, Fichtner is looking to expand its UK based hydropower team with skilled individuals with previous experience in pumped storage hydropower, hydropower, or a similar water management industry.
We are looking for:
- a good degree in Civil Engineering;
- have achieved or be actively working towards ICE professional chartered membership;
- recent technical experience gained with heavy civils projects, in the pumped storage or hydropower sector;
- a good understanding of the principles of hydropower plant design and construction including feasibility study, FEED, design review and construction management;
- experience of conducting quality inspections of materials and methods such as pre-formed and cast concrete structures and steelwork;
- a good understanding of foundation piling, environmental issues, and geotechnical studies;
- the ability to produce and explain high quality technical reports and technical models for clients;
- comfortable in interpreting engineering drawings, design specifications and functional descriptions;
- fully conversant with Microsoft Office;
- knowledge of CDM Regulations and risk assessments, able to identify quality issues and design risks;
- able to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary project team; and
- a full driving licence for travel to sites/meetings.
We offer in return:
A commensurate basic salary, 33 days annual leave, contributory pension, private medical scheme, life assurance, company bonus scheme plus significant training and professional development opportunities.
Fichtner Consulting Engineers is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and that each employee feels respected and able to give of their best every day.