Head Office (Stockport) and site based in the UK
Reporting to the Operations Director
Permanent, full time employment
Who are we?
Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a well-established and highly regarded technical consultancy and part of the worldwide Fichtner Group. In the UK we work across the renewable energy, conventional power generation and waste sectors, providing design. commercial and engineering services to financial institutions, developers and owner-operators.
In the UK Fichtner employ over 120 professionals and operate from our head office in Stockport, Greater Manchester. We are an award-winning business proudly holding Investors in People Gold status and have twice, since 2014, been recognised by the engagement experts at Best Companies’ as a 2 star, “outstanding” organisation.
We are looking for:
- A good master’s degree in Electrical or Power Engineering;
- significant knowledge, post qualification, of industrial electrical infrastructure including design and commissioning coupled with experience in HV, MV and LV, embedded generation, protection circuits, grid connections, HV and LV switchgear, substations and coordinating with UK DNOs;
- the production and timely delivery of professional reports for clients;
- leading a small team of electrical consultants and engineers;
- dealing effectively and professionally with external and internal clients, attending meetings etc.;
- prior experience in the use of DIGSILENT and other electrical engineering sector software;
- undertaking of feasibility, power system studies and design reviews;
- excellent understanding of health, safety and welfare within engineering;
- witnessing of both Site and Factory Acceptance Testing;
- ability to assess manufactured or fabricated items for faults; and
- the provision of site based construction monitoring;
- able to work as part of a wider engineering team and also to operate autonomously as required.
What we offer
The opportunity to be involved in major UK energy generation projects coupled with the ability to develop and progress your career in a highly regarding consultancy environment. We offer a market leading package including an excellent basic salary, car allowance, contributory pension, private medical scheme, life assurance and Company bonus schemes.
Fichtner Consulting Engineers is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and that each employee feels respected and able to give of their best every day.