Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a well-established and highly regarded technical consultancy and part of the worldwide Fichtner Group. We work with clients in the UK across the renewable energy, conventional power generation and waste sectors, providing design and engineering services to financial institutions, developers and owner-operators.
We are looking for a degree qualified civils (structural) engineer to be responsible for the civils/structural element of industrial infrastructure construction, working as an integral part of our wider engineering project team. You will liaise directly with our clients, contractors, operators and suppliers as necessary.
Ideally you will have;
- a good degree in either Civil or Structural Engineering
- currently holding, or actively working towards ICE or IStructE professional membership
- prior technical experience gained with heavy civils or structural projects
- undertaken quality inspections of items at UK&I sites such as pre-formed and cast concrete structures and steelwork
- experience of foundation piling, environmental issues, building codes and geotechnical studies
- the ability to produce and explain high quality due diligence and feasibility studies for a client
- be comfortable interpreting engineering drawings, design specifications and functional descriptions
- fully conversant with Microsoft Office
- knowledge of CDM Regulations and risk assessments, able to identify quality issues and design risks
- able to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- a full driving licence for travel to sites/meetings.
We offer in return:
A commensurate basic salary, 25 days annual leave, a car allowance, contributory pension, private medical scheme, life assurance, company bonus scheme plus significant training and professional development opportunities.
Fichtner Consulting Engineers is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and that each employee feels respected and able to give of their best every day.
Please email email@example.com to apply for this role.