Stockport office base with UK&I travel
Reporting to a Team Leader
Permanent, full time employment
Who are we?
Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a well-established technical consultancy and part of the worldwide Fichtner Group. We work with clients in the UK and Ireland across the renewable energy and waste sectors, providing design, intellectual and engineering services to financial institutions, developers, owners and operators.
We employ over 130 people and operate from our offices in Belfast, Dublin and Stockport.
Currently we have 2 opportunities for senior professional engineers (thermal/process/renewables) to join us in a permanent capacity; you must be familiar with and have carried out the role of a ‘Owners Engineer’ and be interested in working in a consultancy environment.
We are looking for:
- a good degree in mechanical, renewable power or chemical engineering.
- ideally experienced in power generation or energy from waste technologies, however other process experience i.e., oil and gas, cement, chemical, mining or metals will be considered.
- a well-rounded senior engineer who is familiar with the wider role requirements of an ‘Owner’s Engineer’.
- commercially astute – able to administer various forms of contracts, for different supply packages or construction projects of varying complexity and commercial value.
- the ability to anticipate, identify, progress and resolve various technical design and/or construction issues.
- the ability to read and interpret correctly engineering documentation, technical drawings, functional descriptions, specifications, contracts, programmes, planning consents and permits.
- concise and effective oral and written communication skills, able to chair and minute meetings, and produce concise and objective monthly progress reports and other advice.
- excellent people skills, able to effectively communicate with various stakeholders.
- fully computer literate with Microsoft Word, Excel and MS Project.
- critical skills to evaluate, explain and simplify complex technical issues to non-technical personnel.
- recognised health and safety qualifications and CDM working knowledge would be an advantage.
- a full driving licence with the ability to travel as required both in the UK and occasionally overseas.
What we offer:
An excellent package including basic salary, car allowance, contributory pension, private medical, life assurance and generous company bonus scheme. We also offer significant training and development opportunities.
Fichtner Consulting Engineers is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and that each employee feels respected and able to give of their best every day.