Project Sites – UK
Who are we?
Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a leading technical consultancy with a reputation built on over 30 years of successful projects in the UK and Ireland. Our purpose is to facilitate the investment and delivery of energy infrastructure projects that positively influence the energy transition. Our success comes from the unique combination of skills and experience that continuously evolves. Our Engineers and Consultants support some of the most innovative energy projects across the UK and Ireland; providing design, intellectual, and engineering services to developers, investors, and owner-operators.
We have over 150 employees that we are proud to have represent us, operating from our offices in Manchester, Belfast, Dublin, and our most recent office launch in Glasgow. As the business grows from strength to strength, we are now looking to further extend our renewables team by recruiting an experienced wind & solar energy engineer, to be based in either our Stockport or Glasgow office and play a key role in our ambitious expansion plans.
What can you expect from us?
We are seeking several experienced and qualified Construction Site Representatives to supply professional services through their own limited companies to exciting power generation projects, where Fichtner will act as the Owners Engineer across the UK. All projects will commence in quarter 1 of 2023.
You will support the Fichtner Project Manager and the Owner’s engineering services on this project, liaising directly with our client, our engineering employees, and external suppliers and authorities as necessary.
You will have:
- Suitable construction/engineering and current health and safety qualifications inc. a first aid certificate
- Significant understanding and experience of the installation and commissioning of combustion and process plant
- Working knowledge of civil groundworks, structural aspects, process plant installation and pipework and pressure systems, with the ability to inspect welds for quality and snag installations
- Experience in keeping daily electronic records of site activities, materials deliveries, construction milestones reached, contractors’ personnel and any environmental, quality or health and safety incidents
- Able to initiate site walkdowns with the contractor/client/Fichtner H&S Manager and record observations/inspections
- Excellent knowledge of the CDM 2015 Regulations
- Good general IT and report/minutes production skills
- Prior experience in the writing of risk assessments and the delivery of site inductions
- Understanding of quality systems and the ability to read and interpret inspection & test plans
- Able to quickly build lasting business relationships with the EPC, the client and with Fichtner’s visiting engineers
We offer an attractive weekly rate for the duration of these projects outside of IR35. Details to be discussed on application.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a brief cover letter to introduce yourself and let us know why you are a good fit for us.
When sending over your CV, please take a moment to review our privacy statement regarding how we process your personal data within our recruitment process.
Fichtner Consulting Engineers is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforces. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and that each employee feels respected and able to give of their best every day.