Based from Glasgow Office
Reporting to Team Leader
Permanent, full-time employment
Who are we?
Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a leading technical consultancy with a reputation built on over 30 years of successful projects in the UK and Ireland. Our purpose is to facilitate the investment and delivery of energy infrastructure projects that positively influence the energy transition. Our success comes from the unique combination of skills and experience that continuously evolves. Our Engineers and Consultants support some of the most innovative energy projects across the UK and Ireland; providing design, intellectual, and engineering services to developers, investors, and owner-operators.
What we are looking for:
- A good degree in Electrical Engineering
- Significant knowledge, post qualification, of industrial electrical infrastructure including design and commissioning coupled with experience in HV, MV and LV, embedded generation, protection circuits, grid connections, HV and LV switchgear, substations and coordinating with UK DNOs
- Dealing effectively and professionally with external and internal clients, attending meetings, write and deliver high quality technical reports and models, etc
- Prior experience with the use of Dig SILENT and other electrical engineering sector software
- The undertaking of feasibility, power system studies and design reviews
- Excellent understanding of health, safety and welfare within engineering
- Witnessing of both site and factory acceptance testing
- Ability to assess manufactured or fabricated items for faults; and
- The provision of site-based construction monitoring
- Able to work as part of a wider engineering team and also to operate autonomously as required
What you can expect from us:
At Fichtner we greatly value our employees and offer a flexible approach to the working environment. We have a team of mental health first aiders and wellbeing champions on hand for support and provide the opportunity for our staff to give back to our local community, through charitable events, STEM, and community work experience. We operate with the mantra that we all look out for each other, making sure we continually review our working practices to create the best experience for all. As part of the team, you can expect:
- A competitive salary with a leading bonus scheme of up to 20% of salary
- Hybrid working with modern easy access offices
- Opportunity to purchase company shares after a qualifying period
- Significant training, development, and career growth opportunities
- Financial support with professional fees/memberships
- Company electrical vehicle car leasing scheme
- Private medical & life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fitness trainer provided every week for group boot camps
- Team and company social events, including a family barbecue, Christmas Party, and team activities
- Milestone scheme celebrating years spent as part of the Fichtner team!
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a brief cover letter to introduce yourself and let us know why you are a good for fit us.
When sending over your CV, please take a moment to review our privacy statement regarding how we process your personal data within our recruitment process.
Fichtner Consulting Engineers is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and that each employee feels respected and able to give of their best every day.