Based from Stockport Office
Reporting to Team Leader
Permanent, full-time employment
Who are we?
Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a leading technical consultancy with a reputation built on over 30 years of successful projects in the UK and Ireland. Our purpose is to facilitate the investment and delivery of energy infrastructure projects that positively influence the energy transition. Our success comes from the unique combination of skills and experience that continuously evolves. Our Engineers and Consultants support some of the most innovative energy projects across the UK and Ireland; providing design, intellectual, and engineering services to developers, investors, and owner-operators.
We have over 160 employees that we are proud to have represent us, operating from our offices in Manchester, Belfast, Dublin, and Glasgow. As the business grows from strength to strength, we are now looking to further extend our team by recruiting an experienced engineering Consultant, to be based from our Stockport office with some travel in the UK, Ireland, and EU.
What we are looking for:
- A good chemical or mechanical engineering degree
- Chartered Engineer status, or actively working towards this
- A solid experience post degree with direct involvement in the consultancy sector
- Experience gained from any area of renewable power generation or development, plant operations or plant management
- Proven experience with the multi-disciplinary delivery of small to larger projects, including budget management and delivery programs
- Ideally some experience of carrying out technical due diligence on behalf of investors and/or vendors
- Experience of construction projects and technical contract drafting
- Good communication skills, with experience of communicating effectively with both engineering and non engineering skilled audiences
- Full driving licence
- Competent computing skills using MS office suite
What you can expect from us:
At Fichtner we greatly value our employees and offer a flexible approach to the working environment. We have a team of mental health first aiders and wellbeing champions on hand for support and provide the opportunity for our staff to give back to our local community, through charitable events, STEM, and community work experience. We operate with the mantra that we all look out for each other, making sure we continually review our working practices to create the best experience for all. As part of the team, you can expect:
- A competitive salary with a leading bonus scheme of up to 20% of salary
- Hybrid working with modern easy access offices
- Opportunity to purchase company shares after a qualifying period
- Significant training, development, and career growth opportunities
- Financial support with professional fees/memberships
- Company electrical vehicle car leasing scheme
- Private medical & life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fitness trainer provided every week for group boot camps
- Team and company social events, including a family barbecue, Christmas Party, and team activities
- Milestone scheme celebrating years spent as part of the Fichtner team!
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a brief cover letter to introduce yourself and let us know why you are a good for fit us.
When sending over your CV, please take a moment to review our privacy statement regarding how we process your personal data within our recruitment process.
Fichtner Consulting Engineers is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and that each employee feels respected and able to give of their best every day.