Fichtner has provided technical due diligence support to its clients in some of the main UK AD portfolio transactions. Portfolios present a special challenge as they may include a range of individual projects, across the full spectrum of the project lifecycle, all of which need to be considered on their individual merits and consolidated to inform a single commercial decision. Fichtner has extensive experience in supporting buyers and sellers with tackling these challenges. Examples of our portfolio projects include:
- 2019-20 – Portfolio of eleven AD plants – including food waste to biomethane assets and agricultural CHP assets. Fichtner continues with the long term lender’s monitoring role for this portfolio
- 2021 – Portfolio of three operational biomethane plants having a combined capacity of 2,700 m3/hour of biomethane to grid. Fichtner continues with the long term lender’s monitoring role for this portfolio
- 2021- Portfolio of three AD plants producing all producing renewable electricity and one which processes waste to generate biomethane for grid injection.
- 2022- Portfolio of three newly built AD plants with a combined capacity of 2,200 m3/hour of biomethane to grid, along with recovery of food grade CO2 as a co-product. Fichtner continues with the long term leader’s monitoring role for this portfolio
- 2022-23 – Portfolio of five operational AD plants with a combined capacity of 5,000 m3/hour of biomethane to grid