Fichtner provides Technical Due Diligence on Gunfleet Sands Phases 1 & 2
Gunfleet Sands is a 172.8 MW Offshore wind farm located off the South-East coast of the UK. The wind farm was commissioned in two phases, Gunfleet Sands 1 and 2, with 30 and 18 turbines across each phase. The project derived from the Crown Estate’s initiative to increase the production of wind energy in UK and now fully operational, the site provides electricity to 125,000 homes.
Fichtner carried out a technical due diligence on the 172.8 MW Gunfleet Sands 1 and 2 wind farm for JERA during the project acquisition phase. JERA has now acquired a 24.95% equity interest in the project.
Our teams technical review focused on:
- Planning and environmental consents
- Energy forecast based on operational data
- Investigation of scour and offshore sub-sea structures
- Turbine supply
- Turbine technology and foundation review
- O&M contracts and maintenance strategy
- Vessel and port logistics OFTO asset interface risks
Fichtner also reviewed the financial model assumptions and supported the management presentation and site visit with the majority owners of the wind farm.