Intertissue owns a papermill which is currently using a gas fired boiler to produce the heat required by the process. The Client is considering installing a biomass boiler to reduce costs and increase sustainability, and maximising the opportunities which exist with renewable heat incentives.
Fichtner completed a feasibility study reviewing;
- Incentives assessment and application support;
- The plant heat requirements;
- Available technologies, biomass fuel SWOT analyses;
- Biomass fuel availability;
- Planning and permitting and cost savings.
Fichtner has been pleased to support Sofidel and Intertissue in its plans for the sustainable manufacture of its paper products, and its continued investment in improving the environmental performance of its plants.