The proposed Barton and Ince biomass plants could generate 20MW of electricity, with the ability to export 8MW of heat in the form of hot water or steam. The project was developed on the basis that the plants could be fueled on clean wood, waste wood or RDF. The plant locations proposed are at Barton Bridge in Trafford, and near Ince village in Cheshire.
Our role included;
- preparation and submission of the Environmental Permit ;
- air quality assessment to support the permit and planning applications;
- the preparation of technical and performance specifications for the EPC contract;
- specifications for the O&M contracts;
- technical negotiations with third parties.
A number of specific activities were also carried out including the review and selection of cooling technologies, development of utility connections and assistance in discharging planning conditions.
Fichtner has supported Peel with the development of a wide range of biomass thermal energy projects, with generation capacities ranging from 20MW to 300MW. The Ince project has now been sold to CoGen who commenced construction of the biomass plant in 2015.