Fichtner was engaged by Heineken as Technical Advisor to complete a detailed condition and technical review of the 2 x 4.7 MWe Biomass CHP Plants installed at its breweries in Tadcaster and Manchester. The trouble-shooting role was undertaken to identify technical problems preventing commercially viable operation, review operational budgets, and recommend options.
Detailed engineering review of the biomass plants including the following;
- high-level project financial assessment;
- site visits and technology / design review;
- fuel specification review;
- fuel supply contracts, fuel handling systems, combustion plant;
- fuel handling and storage system review;
- steam cycle assessment;
- combustion technology assessment;
- technical and commercial review of heat export options;
- technical and non-technical reports to Heineken Board.
Fichtner was pleased to be able to support Heineken in its assessment of the biomass plants which were installed at two of its breweries in the UK, with its aim of producing clean, cheap and sustainable energy.