This EfW, based near Kidderminster, Worcestershire, has been designed to process 200,000 tpa of municipal waste producing approx. 15-16 MW of power for export to National Grid. Construction began in May 2014 with expected handover in the spring of 2017.
As LTA our role included;
- Production of high level technical proposals to support the planning works;
- WRATE modelling;
- Assessment of capital cost, operating costs and revenues;
- Technical support at the planning exhibitions;
- Procurement support including invitation to tender process.
As Owners Engineer our role included;
- Design review;
- Quality assurance;
- Contract management;
- Full time site supervision.
Fichtner has been involved in the project since the late 1990’s when Mercia won the Hereford and Worcestershire PFI Contract. After a failed development on a site near Kidderminster, the Hartlebury site was chosen as an alternative. Nearly 20 years since the contract commenced, Fichtner are delighted to now be the Owner’s Engineer for the construction of the plant.