Technical Due Diligence for Greater Manchester Waste Contract, the largest waste contract of its kind commissioned in the UK. Project includes a range of transfer facilities, composting plants, MBT plants (with anaerobic digestion), the existing Bolton EfW facility, and the new Runcorn TPS EfW Facility. Due Diligence included technology assessment with visits to reference sites, and full support through the due diligence process which lasted approximately 2 years. Attendance at all the negotiations with the Authority, leading to Financial Close of the project in 2009.
We provided pre and post financial close technical due diligence on the Greater Manchester Waste Project, including;
- full pre-financial close due dilgence of the technical solution proposed;
- visits to reference plants and assessment of performance;
- financial assessment of the project;
- support in the negotiation and agreement of the Project Agreement with the Authority;
- Independent Certifier of the Advanced Works Contract;
- monitoring of the construction phase;
- sign off of the milestones;
- final certification.
With a capital investment of more than £600m, the Greater Manchester Waste PFI is the largest single waste management contract to ever be let in the UK. The integrated waste treatment solution comprises over 40 facilities spread across more than 20 separate sites.