The States of Jersey energy from waste facility has the capacity to process up to 105,000 tonnes of residual waste a year. The facility accepts all Jersey’s inert non-residual waste, after recycling, and replaces the three-stream incinerator plant located at Bellozanne which has processed the island’s waste since the late 70s.
Our role in the initial stages of the project included;
- A review of the islands waste strategy both technically and commercially;
- Feasibility study into the technical options for treatment;
- A revised waste strategy for the island (2005).
As Owner’s Engineer and technical adviser Fichtner delivered;
- Detailed technical specifications and contract documentation;
- Full EPC Contract management;
- 3D visualisation;
- full time site supervision
The plant shares a chimney, cooling water system and ancillary services with the adjacent Jersey Electricity Company power station and produces approximately 9% of the Island’s electricity demand.