Lakeside is a two-stream EfW plant with a nominal capacity of 440,000 tpa, export of circa 37MWe with an allowance in the design for future heat export. The plant has enjoyed good performance and high availability throughout it’s operational life.
Our role included for;
- Due diligence of proposed construction contract and technology packages;
- Detailed specification development;
- Assessment of tenders and;
- Support for negotiations with shortlisted contractors;
- Review of project support agreements (for Lenders);
- Support for definition and negotiation of electrical export connection agreement;
- Full time site supervision;
- Project Manager under IChemE Red Book;
- Administration of an Operation & Maintenance contract covering the first 4 years of operation.
Lakeside EfW plant was Fichtner’s first major Owner’s Engineer role in the UK. In 2013 the facility increased its environmental credentials by installing a solar PV rooftop system to generate additional energy on-site. Lakeside EfW has been recognised by the industry and beyond for the contribution it is making towards the green agenda. It has won awards at the Solar UK Industry Awards, Renewable Energy Infrastructure Awards, PEEL People’s Cup and Lets Recycle Awards for Excellence.