The Little Raith Wind Farm was commissioned in 2012 and Kennedy Renewables development of an extension for the project commenced in 2013. The extension project is a joint venture between Kennedy Renewables and the landowner and up to a further 7 turbines are planned for the site.
The project management service included;
- co-ordination of input from the EIA Team;
- delivery of inputs to the ES on time and on budget;
- management of environmental input into the wind farm design process;
- identification, management and reduction of risks where possible;
- reporting and communication with client;
- application of consistency across technical disciplines, and;
- identification and resolution of key project issues.
Little Raith Wind Farm is the first wind project by Kennedy Renewables and debuts GE’s 2.75MW turbines platform in the UK. The 24.75MW Wind Farm produces enough electricity to power 14,500 homes.