Fitchner acted as Owner’s and Lender’s technical advisor for the Wrexham PFI waste contract. Financial close successfully achieved in March 2007.
Phase 1 of the project involved Fichtner acting as Project Manager of the multiple procurement contract for the construction of a suite of facilities which included:
- Two CA sites
- In-vessel composting of bio-waste (ABPR compliant)
- MRF for dry recyclables
- Bulking and baling facilities
- Transfer station for residual municipal waste Construction was completed in April 2009.
Fichtner carried out feasibility and technical support during the development of phase 2 of the Wrexham waste management solution, which comprises an MBT consisting of two parts:
- a mechanical treatment facility which will separate the residual waste fraction of household waste, which has not already been recycled, and;
- a biological treatment facility which would then bio-dry the remaining waste materials to produce a solid recovered fuel.
Fichtner’s role included maximum throughput tonnage assessment, MBT layout development, external layout development, and production of building elevation drawings for submission as part of the planning application.