Our highly experienced bioenergy team has delivered successful projects utilising biomass to generate heat, power, and sustainable fuels. We have a proven track record of delivering advanced thermal treatment, combustion, and anaerobic digestion projects
Fichtner has experience of biomass feedstocks including; forestry, energy crops, meat and bone meal, paper sludge, chicken litter, agricultural waste and straw.
We have a detailed understanding of heat and power generation through steam raising boilers, biogas engines, steam turbines, and organic Rankine cycle technology. Recent projects have included upgrading biomethane for use as a transport fuel, and for injection into the gas grid, as well as heat only biomass boilers.
Key features of our experience include:
- operational experience across all technologies
- in depth knowledge of subsidised revenue schemes
- a proven track record in delivering the necessary permits and licenses required for operation
- working knowledge of key technology providers
- practical construction and commissioning experience
- extensive knowledge of lender and investor requirements
- ability to assist our clients in successfully matching technology and fuel